Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Groomer Lost Eugene.

Eric dropped Eugene with a groomer today and was told come back in half an hour. He went back and was told that Eugene had bolted when a door was open. 

Eric spent a couple hours searching with Luk and Jia in the car watching movies.  Then I took over searching and brought flyers with me. 

It was smoking hot and I was wearing flimsy flip flops.  The bottom of my feet are stinging and feel burnt.  I feel crispy all over.

The groomers are taking it seriously and searching and talking to neighbors and putting up flyers around the neighborhood.   I posted to Ladysmith's pet alert on Facebook.   The lady who runs that came to search and the owner of Rascals came too.  Penny and Hanna went for a search this evening too.

I finally gave up and figured there was no way he was moving in the heat.  After reading all about how to find missing house cats, we've learned very little except that he's terrified and hiding and mire likely to move around after dark. 

Eric and the big girls just left with Isabel (Eugene's best friend).  Fingers crossed that they find him at dusk/dark.

I hate this.  Trying hard to keep the rage at bay.  It won't help.  Plus the groomer and his wife seem super nice.  Eugene isn't full of survival skills.  He can't/won't even kill a worm.   Everyone pray he sits somewhere close to kids and does his siamese yowl.

On a more pleasant note,  I had to miss my appointment with a lady from Cowichan Cat Rescue for our home visit/inspection.   Eric met her here and they did a tour with him and discussed the plan for the ferral litter of kittens coming to our place next week.  We have been approved to be kitten foster parents.  Lili and Fei are pretty excited.  This will be mostly their thing.