Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Fei's Gotcha Yesterday

Officially, I have talked to the girls in length about the term gotcha and why some kids and families don't like it.  My girls think it's cute.  It works for them and they understood what the moment they were placed in my arms means/meant to me and they are happy to hear about how much they mean to us.  They say they will be respectful of others choices of forever family day  or adoption day etc but they want our family to stick with gotcha.   It was more widely accepted 13 years ago.   Oh and big sisters really want the term for the Littles.

So, typically we look at pictures from their trips and tell stories about the moment we met and the gotcha kid picks what we eat for dinner.  Sort of a day to be special like a Birthday with way less hype, no presents and no cake.  Unless they picked cake for dinner but so far no one has. If I had a gotcha day I might pick cake for dinner.

Miss Fei has a heck of a time making choices. We were all over the place with plans for the day.  The smoke hanging in our valley was really messing with all of our plans.  In the end Eric and I made the choices.  Started with pancakes from Dad and then I read our travel emails from the old web page about Fei's adoption.  Fun memories.  Then a late curry lunch.  Strolled through an antique mall which although the kids don't all love that, Fei does.  Can't think of any shopping Fei doesn't like ;) We strolled downtown Chemainus and went to the candy store.  Stopped at a Bell store to get/order my new phone.  The girls and I walked in and announced we wanted the Note 5 and the sales man said "why would you want that one?!".  Yeesh.  I'm at the end of a three year and I adore my phone but the battery is getting weaker by the day.  So I thought I had a plan but now I'm reading all over again and back to considering the Note 4.  Finally we met Mom and Dad for a walk at the ocean and a nice break from the heavy smoke.  Even saw a big elk in a field full of deer. It was a nice relaxing day. I think Fei enjoyed herself.  Hopefully she is feeling special.  Luk and Jia said 'happy gatcha Fei' pretty much every time they saw her.