Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Homework rant.

Again. One day, one teacher will read this and get it and change their ways.

I get home at 5.  Boy's go to bed at 7.  Two whole hours during the week nights.  Dinner, half hour play, stories, homework, snack and bed.  I have to clean the kitchen.  Organise lunch for the next day, prep what I can.  Make sure we have kits and containers cleaned, waters in the fridge and ice packs in the freezer.  Lay out clothes. Read with Jia.  Take care of critters.  Do school correspondence. Pay fees.  There are always fees.  Sign forms and agendas.  If I'm lucky I get to watch a bit of tv before I move onto getting Jia asleep. 

For anyone else to impose during this time is just so rude.

If you are still with me....did you see more time in there for extra projects?! 

I wish I was brave enough to rebel. We'll just suck it up and do the homework as always.  I'm whining. 

Today's assignment for my six year old.  She is to interview a parent about their job and tell what the job is and how that contributes to the community. Also take a picture of yourself at your job and print it out.  Sounds like homework for me.  Sigh.  Also my contribution to our community is pretty much that we spend money here. 

I have enough plans of my own.  I have important things to teach the kids on my own time.  Right now we're working with Luk to stop picking his eyebrows off and to stop stretching his shirts into dresses.  We spend lots of time encouraging Jia to eat and how to sit still.  Kai is learning not to eat napkins and how to find the labels in his clothing and not get lost in his shirt every day.  Constant work with the teens on organizing their time.  There is a school dance tomorrow and they're out shopping for new dresses right now with Eric.  After staying home all weekend, where there was tons of time for shopping.