Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

The weekend.

Well this weekend flew by!  We got out a bit more than usual.  We've been trying to stick close to home for Kai.  Hoping that helps while he's adjusting to school and major changes. 
Friday night we went to the town light up, went on a hay ride and sang carols then watched the arrival of Santa.  Luk and Jia are terrified of him so once they saw Santa arrive they were good to go.  Lili and Fei stayed in town and hung out with friends.  Eric picked them up after the fireworks. 
On Saturday Lili played piano at an old age care home with other kids from her music school.  My cousin Debbie and my Mom came with us.  We had time to play at Winners first.  I found a box to use as Kai's life box.  Common in adoption to make life books, I fill boxes instead.  Could be made into books another day for now I give myself points for saving and storing things.  Boxes are fun to go through too. 
Kai was happy with his box.  He has no idea what it's for yet.  I'll let him help me put in our bits and pieces that I've gathered so far.
Saturday night we went to Chemainus to Ding Ho's.  New owners.  They are making fabulous Chow Mein.  Just like at the old Sampan in Victoria!  Pretty exciting find.
Jia wants me to add that she loves the noodles too.
Sunday Gramma and Grampa picked up Lili and Fei and took them shopping.  There is a winter dance coming up and they both got cute dresses.  Thanks so much Mom for taking and treating them.  They're happy with them and I'm thrilled we're not shopping the night before!
Then this afternoon I took all five kids to see Moana.  We haven't taken the boys for a while.  I was hopeful that they were ready.  We talked lots at lunch about what was happening and expectations.  Best laid plans...sigh.  I didn't see a lot of the movie.  Kai was quite upset about having 3d glasses.  I'm not sure how much he can see.  Likely worse in a darkened theater.  Then black glasses over his glasses making it even darker.  He wanted his drink that I held back for after his popcorn but then he refused popcorn and kept asking for his drink.  I caved after an hour.  He drank the whole thing at once and then ate popcorn and then wanted his drink that was empty.  He wouldn't sit back and kept touching the kid in front of us.  Poor kid finally put his hood on.  Then I got more forceful and made Kai sit back in his chair.  So he cried.  Sobbed loudly for the last half hour.  Also had a hard time getting him to shush.  I don't know how much of the show he saw.  He was elated when it was over :)  Luk who normally screams and is loud actually managed just fine.  He was between Lili and Fei. He did tell Lili he was scared and in her oh so nurturing way she told him to close his eyes.  So he did.  Too funny.  In the end Jia thought the movie was ok. Luk said it was creepy. Lili and Fei thought it was pointless.  I'm not going to buy it and it's not likely I'd watch it again.  I usually read the adoption movie reviews especially when it's Disney.  So I can be prepared. So many orphans, so many missing parents.  This time it said there was a brutal abandonment.  Ya.  There is.  Birth mother throws human son off a cliff to the ocean.  The gods save him and make him the demi god Maui.  We were able to discuss this at dinner.  What fun dinner conversation.  
Sadie and Barney from Chemainus.
Boys class on a field trip with their big buddies.  Nature walk.

Lili with her fluffy.
Fei with our shared fluffy.