Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Holly Molly

I joined a Spina Bifida group when we were at Children's.  If you're born in BC you are connected but because Luk was adopted we missed that que.  I overheard the nurse telling a new Mom about the group and asked if we could join too.

We got our first support package for Luk.  Wow.  10 kids books, a DVD and guides for teachers as well as a binder of general information.  Nothing much I haven't gleened from the Internet but a really great array of books for Luk.  One all about leg braces that he can share with his class. 

Today the group contacted me to find out if they could help financially.  Very cool.  His afos are covered with the at home program.  So we're good.

It's been suggested we move Luk from a stroller to a wheelchair.  I did my first search today for a kids wheelchair.  The prices are shocking.  I think we're covered for the chair too.  Now to break it to Luk.  Of course I'm likely over thinking things.  He is exhausted and it's going to get worse once he has the leg braces.  He'll probably love what ever break the chair can give him.