Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Lili's 15th Birthday .

Quiet dinner at home with family.  Who am I kidding...we're never quiet!  Haha.

Eric and I got up early. Snuck past the boys. We tried to make dough for New Orleans Beignets.  The dough was an epic fail.  No clue where we went wrong.  But we put it in the fridge and carried on with the day.  Eric called during the day to ask what to do with it because it was coming out of the bowl.  Too funny.  When I got home it was still gelatinous, no way to roll and cut.  So we quickly made old fashioned donut dough and got it in the fridge. 

Then it was too stinky in the house so Eric took the oil outside on a camp stove.

The first ones flashed to black in seconds.  He made some blobs with the
beignet dough that actually tasted ok.  Then he finally cooked the donut rounds Jia and I made.

Lots of hilarity.  In the end the donuts were amazing.  I sheepishly admit to eating four ;) 

I think Lili had a nice day overall.  The girls played with sparklers outside when Gramma and Grampa were leaving much to Jia's delight. Then she ended her day with homework.