Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, June 17, 2019

Fathers Day part 2.

Some of us were up early.  So we took off for an adventure day.  The girls slept in.  The teens had homework and studying.  Jia just wanted to lounge. I was happy someone was with Sasha. 

We went to Nanaimo on the hunt for adaptative biking options for the boys.  So many ideas.  Ended up with lots of options.  All of them expensive with no clue what will really work.  Looking at e-bikes, trikes, baskets, trailers, recumbent and electric conversions.  Then we carried our search to the internet and found soooo many options.  I'm so confused.  I've asked Eric if we can just leave it for now and just ride our bikes.  Problem for Kai is that he can't see well enough to ride.  So we're thinking he could learn to stay directly behind me if I have a flag and flashing light?  For Luk he runs out of steam in 10 minutes.  So short rides for the boys to start.  We still have a trail-a-bike and are considering getting another one.  Problem there is that I'm not as coordinated and strong as Eric so I'm worried about wobbly boys taking me down.  I'm also sure that if they don't HAVE to pedal, they won't.  Kai is 85lbs and Luk is 53 so a big add for Eric and I.  Next option is the trail-a-bike for Kai and an electric trike for me with a back seat for Luk.  Not sure about riding such a wide bike.  Also looking at an electric recumbent for me that can tow Luk.  Or a kids electric recumbent for Luk. Anyways....we'll figure something out.  I definitely miss riding my own bike and I loved riding as a family. 

We did get the boys new bikes that fit them.  They weren't as excited about that as I thought they would be.  Eric requested them in the box versus the ones that were already built.  We're hoping they'll get more excited once they help build their own bike.  They're both nervous to ride a bigger bike.  They can reach the ground flat footed while on the seat  so the bikes are definitely not too big.  Although we'd typically prefer a bike with growing room we felt the just right size would be safer.

We had lunch at the mall and shopped a bit for Eric.  Jeans and a few shirts.  Then came home to eat dinner with the girls.
The little kid in me wanted the purple Schwinn.
Funny part...it's the same as my red one ;)

A red Schwinn trike...plenty of room for Luk at the back.  Could even add an e-conversion kit.  

New bikes.