Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, November 16, 2020

A door tried to kill me.

This is extremely unglamorous. 

No cool stories here on this one.  A door fell on me and I fell straight back and hurt my back.  

Now the actual story.  In marriage there are 'things never said'.  One pet-peeve I have is that the litter is rarely vacuumed around the litter box in our bathroom.  Eric does the vacuuming so I dare not ask 'why' lest I sound unappreciative of the vacuuming he does.  I don't ever vacuum so I won't ever risk things changing here on this one.  Eric was vacuuming upstairs. I was cleaning Esmei's litter box and thought I'd move her box so Eric could vacuum under and around it.  I picked it up, looked behind me and started to turn and when I looked back the closet door blocking animals from the new room was falling on me.  Hit me right in the face in a split second.  And I went flying back and down in a hot second. I hurt my back.  I made a good racket going down and was screaming. Eric says I hit the shower.  I wasn't aware of sound.  I was trying to get up and Eric told me to stop swimming in the kitty litter.  Yup.  That's my day folks. Totally sent the litter in all directions.  I hobbled to the shower.  The pain is bad.  I'm not sure what the point of a hospital visit is.  Treatment for a broken tail bone is same as staying home. According to Dr. Google.  The super saddest part...I have had same barrier fall on me twice before.  Was able to just put my hand out and push it away, knowing the litter box will hold it back.  Oy.  If that part isn't bad enough, Eric asked why I was moving it, I said "so you could vacuum behind it". His response "the vacuum doesn't even reach that far".  Which I would know if I used the vacuum.  

Bless Eric.  He didn't laugh.  He's helped me do everything for hours.  And more importantly, he cleaned up the litter bath I gave the room.  Esmei and the Chihuahuas were hiding under my tub.  No animals were squashed. I have of course demanded he avenge me and burn the closet door.  He of course thinks I'm an idiot today.

Update, next day, much better. Super sore, stiff and basically still rattled.