Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, November 8, 2020

We're going to be sooo cute!

Ready for our family Christmas card photo! Just need to book a time when we're all available.  Eric even found the matching scarves for the fur babies. We had some fun picking this all out.  
Lili's home for the weekend.  She was planning to take a couple days off and watch a lot of TV before going back to study and catch up during her reading break.  Her car had other ideas.  Eric had to go get her.  Saturday morning he was 1st at the auto parts store.  We picked up a gift for Kai on the way to Nanaimo to fix her car.  I got a DS game for him for $5 and it's a Hot Wheels game!!  Shhh.  The repair didn't work sadly so we limped it to Volkswagen.  They thought it would be ok to drive.  It's burning fuel, not oil, so it's puking out tons and tons of stinky smoke from the exhaust.  Wild.  But Eric made it and I followed in the fumes.  Hopefully we'll hear back early this week.  In the meantime we took the insurance off her old car.  So she is stuck with the convertible.  
After the car drama we got lunch out.  Just the two of us.  So rare.  You guessed it I got my apple, pecan, cranberry salad.  No calories on Saturdays so yes, I ate it all :) Then we shopped the Dollarama where we got the Christmas card jackpot and a few stocking stuffers. Amazon shopping has begun.  I'm usually done shopping by now.
We had a bit more time before picking up dinner so even got an hour in the antique barn to poke around.
I'm walking around the house today trying to figure out where we could put this beauty. Eric found me just gawking up at it.  Then I counted all the crystals and they're all there.  Possibly the upstairs landing?  
Eric bought me a glass pumpkin that I was swooning over.  :)  Love it.  It's going to live in my orange bathroom.  We told the sales lady we wanted a pumpkin in a cabinet. She knew where it was and the place is huge.  She said she had her eye on it too.  It just came in that morning.  I cradled it in my arms all the way home.  Haha.  
Ended our near perfect day with Chinese food and a movie.
The movie is fabulous.  Even Jia deigned to watch with us.  Ok, she tried really hard to get out of it but she owes me a consequence for lying to me so I called my consequence and made her watch with us.  She did end up enjoying the movie though ;)  Warning...the Mom dies in the first few minutes...so it starts with a good cry.  Well, ok, no one cried at my house except me.