Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Dog incident.

This is not the dog, just a stock picture of an aggressive Rottweiler.  The dog in my driveway wasn't quite this aggressive but as my imagination takes over it was close.

I was waiting for Dawn-Marie to come for tea. I put Isabel outside to avoid her over exuberant greeting.  She started barking so I assumed she was here.  When I looked out the window I saw a Rottweiler in our yard.  I opened the door and yelled for it to go home.  It stood its gound, stomped it's feet, growled and barked while coming closer.

I was all like "oh no you don't".  I came in the house and put on flip flops. Such a great choice for battle.  Then I had a moment of looking for a weapon and chose a light house broom.  I went towards it waving the broom and yelling in my best strong assertive man voice. This dog did not back off or even turn to go home.  It was holding eye contact. At this point I finally realized I was in a dangerous situation.

I had told Jia to watch out the window.  She didn't.  

I backed away from the barking beast and got Eric off the lawn tractor in the back yard.

He knew the new neighbors have a Rottweiler.  She was still in our yard.  He silently walked towards her and she backed up and went out the driveway and finally hopped down to her yard and Eric was able to close their gate behind it.

We went over later to discuss with the neighbors.  He was apologetic but said questionable things.  He said his girlfriend came home earlier and must have left the gate and back door open.  Who leaves both open when you have a dog.  Especially a vicious one?!  He also said "she hasn't hurt anyone YET".  Who says that?!  

Trust me, I've gotten the lecture already from Eric and Mom about my low decision making skills.

Guess how much I love the new neighbors and their dog.

We need to make getting the gate opener operational soon rather than later. I just know we haven't seen the last of this dog.  

I'm worried for all of us. Especially Kai who can't discern danger. Luk who doesn't move very fast. Finn who would walk into it's mouth. Mom and Poppy who spend a ton of time in the front yard. Walter who loves everyone.