Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

February Reading Break

This is Kai living his best life.  In his favorite position, in his favorite spot.  Kitty scarf, Pikachu and Lambie in his arms and watching YouTube.  
Lili has been back and forth from Nanaimo for a few days.  She culled her room upstairs and has moved everything downstairs.  Today Eric has taken the van to pick up her stuff.  Her 8th university move.  

At the same time we did some more work in Jia's room and sorted the rest of her boxes.  Her furniture was moved and room cleaned.  It's getting there.  We still have to sort her shelves and go through her desk drawers.  We can see the end in sight.  Getting her to keep things tidy is a whole other thing.  She is just so damn busy.  She said yesterday the only way for her to keep it tidy is to just not even open a drawer.  So we talked about closing drawers as a kindergarten skill.  Montessori style, every task followed through to the end.  She of course tuned me out ;) 

We did get Jia to her last class of the year.  There was a lot of negotiations about why she has to go to school.  She brings up lots of good arguments and I come back with zingers like "ya, I'm bigger than you"  and "it's the law that you go to school".  This kid is not interested in following the crowd.  

Between the two girls a lot of donation bags have left the house.  A lot.  Sigh.  Poor Eric has to find somewhere willing to take a whole van load of stuff.  

The good news for me is that the guest room can be a guest room again!  In time for Jessica to pet sit next month.  
Our regular routine on Tuesday is to drop Jia at school, go to the bakery for a sausage roll and do the thrift store before school pick up.  We discussed doing more useful things but opted to stick with what we enjoy instead of being productive.  The bakery was out of sausage rolls.  So we went to the thrift store and I found another Boyds Bear!!  $2.  So fun.  Dawn-Marie found us in there, she saw Oscar parked :) So we scored a bonus lunch out with her and Al before racing off for school pick up.  
When we got home I asked Eric to come to the pink room while I wrap presents.  This is normally done by the end of Nov.  I did it in a couple hours.  Nothing fancy.  I even pre stuffed the stockings.  Now, aside from food.  We're ready.  I did ask Eric why it falls to me and asked him if he wanted to take over.  He did not.  Haha.  I should probably add that never once when Eric has to do a chore he doesn't like has he ever asked me to come keep him company.  Also, I could have listened to my book, or a pod cast, or Christmas music but I asked him so I got to listen to his choice. Two hours about how to upgrade your Rubicons gear ratio to match your new 37 tire size.  The final answer was that 4.88 gearing is likely the best bet.  Two hours.  Two.  And we don't have 37's and are extremely unlikely to get 37's.  Sheesh.  

Oh ya, and Lili has offered to watch the kids for reading break again.  Which has sent me down the rabbit hole of get away planning again!  It's a GREAT problem to have of course.  And we're super grateful.  But, where the heck do we go.  We will only be home two weeks from the cruise before its time to go again.  I want Disney, Eric wants Las Vegas.  We both would like to camp and hike in Arizona.  So, so many options.