Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Memories

Some stories don't get told here.  Actually, most don't.  But this one is particularly funny.  

Jia has an online friend from the Caribbean that she games with. She is born female but has a very deep voice.  I have asked Jia about the man before.  She assures me it's a girl.  She's in University so older than Jia.  Anyways, they've been gaming for two plus years.  Eric heard her use questionable words the other night and comes and tells me about what he heard a man say to Jia.  

He had it a bit wrong in his telling to me.  So I of course leap up and storm in on Jia demanding she hand her phone over and put her friend on video so I can talk to 'him'.  She tried telling me what 'she' said but I bull headedly insist on talking to her and seeing a video proving it's a girl.  

To which her friend objects but grudgingly accepts because I'm yelling and Jia is telling her they won't be able to play again if she doesn't talk to me.  And, yes, she is a gorgeous young woman not a creepy man.  I even insisted she talk to me so I could see her and know it wasn't a video.  

Jia left the room laughing with her friend.  I refuse to apologize but did tell Jia to tell her friend that she is beautiful and I'm glad we got to meet.  Her friend says that was in her top 10 most embarrassing moments.  She is sorry she spoke the foul words.  

Anyways...it's unlikely Jia will forget the time Mom stormed the kitchen like a rabid bear insisting her friend talk on video right now.

Later I asked Fei if a filter would have shown me a girl and she said yes.  So, even checking isn't much of a safeguard.  What a crazy world we live in.