Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend

I was unpacking some bigger baby clothes and found this Winnie the Pooh shirt that used to be a favorite of Fei's.  Jia loves it too.  So sweet. 
Found matching flip flops in Wal-Mart for the girlies.  Jia isn't keen on walking in them but she sure likes getting new shoes. 
We finally met Sue's new horse Indy, the dark brown one on the left.
Not a great picture with the shadows but Jia was simply delighted with the stroller and pushing it for the first time.
Pushing was easy, steering not too important to Jia, she just went until she hit something :)

She is seriously just sooo darned cute!
They don't even care about the map, it's all about just pushing buttons.  What is that all about anyways?!  All three kids, just want to push buttons.

Awwww, Catherine bought this outfit five years ago for our sweetie.  The little panda in the pocket is on a string so you can't lose him.
I know there are tons of pictures on here of our happy Jia, but in this moment I've asked her to touch a big pink flower on a tree at music school.  Clearly she was NOT interested at all in touching it.  Funny since her favorite word is 'touch?'.   She isn't keen on touching grass or dirt outside either.  Makes getting up when she falls down really tough.
Went for a bike ride with Nicole, Steve, Willow and Meiling, did 10k, and met a farmer along the trail that had heritage pigs with babies.  So we got to go have a look and learn about this old breed of pigs.  You just never know what will happen next during adventures.
Getting close and personal with totems while the big girls are at dance class.
Look at my new runners, they match my sweatshirt! 
Lili ran in a cross country meet yesterday.  She had a lot of fun with her classmates.
There she is coming in 2nd to last.  Our wee Sue Heck.   I'm just so proud that she did something she enjoys even though she isn't particularly good at it.  That takes guts.  Plus the fear of the day was that she'd get lost in the forest and that didn't happen so she was pleased with how the day turned out.
Snack time and a rest after the run.
How hillarious is this?!  Eric is posing of course. 
Isabel's tail is wagging and she's smiling, we think she actually likes walking on the treadmill.
Jia says 'Yay Bell'.

My Dear Husband is really awful about gifts and celebrations.  Really, really awful.  Always has been.  Basically clueless.  Occassionally he steps up and gets things right but for the most part not so much.  If I didn't remind him to call his family on B-days or Mothers/Fathers Day I don't think he'd ever get to it.  He skipped my last B-day entirely, didn't even say the words to me.  So, I'm a really, really, really, really slow learner because I keep thinking my huge dissappointments and sighs will get to him and the light bulb will go off and he'll prepare something/anything.  I keep thinking that if I show him on Father's Day and his B-day how things should be that he'll 'get' what he needs to do for me.  Sadly I'm just realizing now that I have to plan/buy what I want.  So, this year my family (me, myself and I) was very generous with me for Mothers Day, I got a new treadmill that I've been asking for years for.  Yay me!  Plus Isabel gets to use it too!  Today I got tickets to see Cirque D Soile in Dralion in June for the whole family!  The girls are dancing at a Mothers Day tea tomorrow and my Mom is coming with me to that.  Sunday will likely be the same old, same old.  Eric is riding and I'm hoping for a peaceful day at home with the girlies.  We have Willow and Meiling for a sleepover on Sat. night so Eric will likely make us a nice big breakfast before he leaves.  It's all good.

The family that has been staying with us has moved on.  I wish them well of course.  At the same time I'm thrilled to have our yard back.  Eric has been tidying up the front yard.  We have a ton of parking space again and the girls are back to playing in the round about.

Catherine, her Dad and her girls are coming today for a play.  That's fun.  We usually go see them so Lili and Fei are thrilled that they're coming over.  

The girls had no school today and Lili is always asking to go to the spca and pet the lonely cats.  Eric always says no to this request but today he agreed so that's what they did on their day off, pet cats.  I'm pleased that none of the cats came home with them today.

Happy Mothers Day to all of the Mothers in my life.  Enjoy your day.  Find some peace and love those kids!