Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Going slowly crazy.

I found a child on the shared list that I was interested in.  He is beyond adorable with a need I think our family can deal with.  I contacted the person advocating for him in the wee hours of Tues night and she responded Wed. morning and said to have our agency contact her so she could help them find him on the shared list.   We're still waiting to hear anything.  Arg.  Painful.  I can't fathom waiting over the weekend to hear if he is available.  Eric and the girls are on board of course.  To be honest I was moving on getting information before Eric was ready.  I called Eric on his cell and told him he needed to go home and start reading up on the need.  I didn't confess to him until later that I'd already requested that our agency search for his file.  He just laughed.  We're trying really hard not to get attached to the idea of him becoming our son while keeping our fingers crossed.

Update:  I've been waiting since Wed. morning on pins and needles for news, only to push this afternoon and hear that she hasn't gotten to it because she's been pulled away by other things.  ARG.  Also gave me a small blurb about American agency lists not being possible.  Uh, ya' that's why I let you know about a shared list child!!  Double ARG.  Marg retired, we're working with a new gal.  We don't know each other.  We've only had the one e-mail between us and already I'm scared.  So, an hour ago I was spitting nails but I'm calming down a bit now.  Clearly this gets to be more and more of a long shot with every second that goes by.  The whole nature of competition on the shared list is unpleasant to start with.  Feeling like this woman will have cost us his file by ignoring it for two and half days.  Feeling stuck and frustrated, VERY FRUSTRATED.  It's hard to sit back and blithely say 'what's meant to be will be'.  Maybe it's only meant to be if you 'get on it'.