Luk

Luk
Our family.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jia had a rough day.


We've been attempting to make sure something fun happens every day this summer.  Yesterday just wasn't one of those days.  Miss Jia was wanting to help Daddy while he worked on the shed and she ended up walking into the claw on his hammer (hanging in his tool belt).  She has a nice little cut above one eye brow.  Then she spent some time cutting her own hair.  It looks pretty awful.  I have no idea how to cut it now to fix the mess she made of it.  I think we're going to have to just let it grow in, again.  I'm not sure, lost count, but I think this is the fifth time she's cut her own hair.  Why do they do this?  Fei cut hers when it was long a few times too.  Actually Fei spent more time cutting her clothing and Lili's things than her hair.  I should be grateful I suppose that Jia has kept her cutting to just her hair.  Eric's solution, take away the scissors.  Which is hard to do in the first place and secondly, she starts school in four weeks where she will again have access.  Jia is quite capable of using chairs and stools to reach anything she wants.  She usually uses her powers for good instead of evil.  She was napping when I got home, grumpy when she woke up.  We went to Walmart last night to get pet food and she was singing all through the store.  Eric and I have a hard time keeping up with the emotional roller coaster sometimes.  Other than an outing to Walmart nothing fun happened yesterday.  Well, I did buy pink bubble gum colored nail polish that Jia is pretty excited about, does that count? or does it mean we need two fun events today?  Or does the upcoming weekend to Vancouver including water slides make up for that?  I have to say, it's great going away now knowing that Scott is home to take care of things.  This time he's going to do critter care for us too, rats, fish, cats and Isabel.  Miss Lacie will still go to my Mom, I'm not sure she's ready for Scott :)  or rather that Scott is ready for her!