Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Day 1

We're settled into a hotel.  Sigh.  So we're done with day 1.

I was up at 5, on the road by 7.  Coho at 10:30.  Arrived Port Angeles at 12.  Drove the 101 for the first time.  Twisty,  single lane and slow but truly beautiful.  We want to go back to explore the Olympia National Park another day.  Looks like a nice short motor home trip.

Luk has a runny nose and no skills for dealing with it.  Ugh.  He's out of sorts and swinging through the emotions.  Verge of tears a lot of the time. 

Jia is doing ok although she did ask repeatedly ALL day if we were at Disneyland yet.  Any ideas on how to get her to stop asking?  Dog with a bone.

So we made it to Cottage Grove.  Eric was prepared to drive further but I saw a Comfort Inn and asked to stop.  We had a semi swerve in front of us.  When Eric passed him I could see that the driver was asleep.  With his head down and bobbing.  I had asked E not to pass him when he was swerving but he did anyways.  Grrr. So once I saw that he really was sleeping I had a good cry.  Hence the stopping for the night.  It was only 8:30.

Then of course, no rooms with three beds.  Luk is sleeping in chairs shoved together.  I've got two kids and Eric has one.  It's a bit squishy for me but the room is clean, we've all had a snack.  Luk fell asleep immediately.  Jia is on her leap pad.  The rest of us are all enjoying the free WiFi.

I think we're all ready for a good sleep.  Biscuits and gravy for breakfast tomorrow.