Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Feb 1.

This will be a random catch up post.  Mostly photos.

Luk is giving up naps.  He still needs them but he doesn't want them.  Life is easier when there are no naps.  Anyway, we're starting to find him napping around the house and it's super cute.

Jia got invited to another gymnastics party so she was pretty excited about that.  Especially since it was her boyfriend Malcolm's Birthday.  Ya' she is obviously too young for a boyfriend but they are both adamant that they're a couple.   We're hoping it's a phase ;)

Luk asked for a cracker and I gave him one.  He came right back and said he "needed" one more.  I followed him to the living room and found that he had served up Monkey 3 with his own cracker.  Too cute.

Lili and Fei just did their piano recital today.  They were lovely.  They did their grade two exam a couple weeks ago.   Lili wasn't feeling great and is concerned she didn't do that great.  Fei says she nailed it.  Weird to be there but not allowed in the room.  No results for another week or two.  Next they are in the Music Festival for the first time.  There aren't many kids in the festival for piano.  ?  Maybe not so many kids learning classical?  Or doing Royal Conservatory?  

I bought Jia a used leap pad a few months ago.  She loves it.  I found another one online and Eric picked it up for a great deal.  It's a Monsters Inc. one.  We gave the updated model with more games on it to Jia and gave her purple one to Luk.  Eric put the Mike gel coat on it so it's green for him now.  He was simply delighted with his new tablet.  He's quite delayed and he has a hard time with simple things like pushing a toy train on wooden track, he doesn't use any toys as they are designed to be used but darn it, he knew how to deal with that tablet!  He's being careful with it.  He remembers what to do when he goes back to it.  It's been fascinating to watch.  We're hoping it will help with the road trip.

Fei has always wanted to cut hair, so I let her give me a hair cut today.  Eric cuts my hair often so he was there watching over her closely.  We had some laughs.  Needed some touch up cutting but over all I think she did a great job.

I have no idea how or why but the giant ganglion cyst on my hand shrunk down to flat.  The pain in my hand is mostly gone.  I haven't wanted surgery because there is risk of losing feeling and ability.  So, I'm enjoying the break while I wait for it to come back.

I've gotten my year end done at work so I'm feeling a bit better about being away from work for the holiday.

We've been gathering for the trip.  I'm overwhelmed every time we pack up the family how much work it is.  I remember throwing things in a backpack to go on road trips with Eric pre-kids.   Now it's sooo much stuff times 6.

It took us over an hour today just to get six suitcases in one spot with working locks, proper tags and info inside.  Not going on a plane but it's the same rules for checking in on the cruise ship.  Then we sorted shoes, runners, sports sandals, dress shoes and flip flops for each of us.  Plus alternate walking shoes for Lili and I because we get sore feet.  26 pairs of shoes.  Crazy. 

Eric put new brakes in my van.  Yay.   Love that he can do that for us.  $84 for parts. 

My Birthday on Wed.  49.  Yikes.  How did that happen?!  Not too thrilled.  Eric has done amazing shopping for me this year.  Back up camera and updated seatbelts for my motor home and a retro wooden phone for the kitchen.  Oh, and tickets to go see Brent Butt from Corner Gas.  All fun stuff.  We don't normally do gifts so I'm feeling a bit spoiled.

Crazy mess with Scott.  Feels like a battle.  It got ugly last week.  I became quite obnoxious at the hospital demanding names of who to complain to.  I think we were heard for a nano second.  Lord only knows what's next.  Really hoping we won't have to work with the social worker there again.  She needs a different job.  She has now lied to my face three times.  I took time off work and we drove to meet her and she told us she'd tried to call to cancel (she didn't call the house, my work or either cell phone).  She wanted us to come back the following week.  Because it's so easy for us to get six of us there at her leisure!   I threw some paperwork into her office and walked away ranting about her not calling us, wasting our day and needing to complain to someone about what was happening.  I don't think she'll want to chat with me anymore.  I didn't hold back with my woes with her manager.  We seriously don't need this level of stress.  Scott was flustered.  He has no clue what is happening.  He did crack a sarcastic joke, that was actually pretty funny.  I asked him if he'd made any friends and he said 'well...no...we don't talk much'.  Eric and I laughed.  Maybe you had to be there.