Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Immigration Woes

Feeling sorry for myself today.  Trapped and sooo disappointed.

We've been waiting for Kai's citizenship.  To no avail.  There is no application on file.  We were told the application was in already.  I should have checked but I knew we couldn't get information on someone else's file.  Kai entered Canada Jan 8/2016.  The wait is at a year right now.  His landed immigrant card was late coming because there was a problem with the photos.  I called today to discuss name changes.  Was I ever shocked to find out we have to start from scratch.  So, not a great day here.

That said, I've already gathered the files and forms and made copies of most everything we need.  Since it's our application Kai's name will be right when it comes.  Just need a couple more photos of the little mister and to pay a fee online and we should be able to mail off the application tomorrow. 

Need to write a heartfelt plea for leniency on the whole year wait thing.  Back in the day we could claim China required the citizenship by the one year mark but that isn't likely to hold much for them since I've done nothing for a year. 

I don't like feeling so stuck in Canada, makes me want to leave even more!  We are super ready for a Disneyland trip.  We were just making plans with friends to go together in Oct.  Totally bummed.  Jia will be thrilled to see that I used the word bummed.