Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Eggs

So I'm attempting to scale down Easter.  We have dropped the bunny poo tradition this year.  Jia will be distraught hopefully by next year it will be a distant memory.  Also I refused to fill a dozen eggs each.  So they are hunting empty eggs this year.  Then turning them in for a treat.  I'm also planning to let them hunt eggs over and over tomorrow if they like but then that's it.  Not interested in playing that game for days ;)  Hunting will be inside, even if the weather is great.  The baskets have way less than usual. To Eric's dismay I still did too much.  But in my defense, no clothing or shoes and I spent way less than normal.  Dropped the night before Easter routine.  No fresh grass, weeds and flowers lined in their baskets for the bunny. Just couldn't face trying to get the boys outside at bedtime to pick greenery.  Daunting.  So store bought fake grass it is. Orange and pink even.

So.  Eric woke me to do the routine (the big girls stay up to late for me) and I filled the baskets and hid 72 eggs.  I'm laying in bed wide awake now...listening to Esmei play with the plastic eggs!!  Yikes.  She normally sleeps with me but she is way too excited about those eggs, hidden all over the place just for her.  I'm a bit worried they'll all go to the places all of her toys end up.  Stuck under furniture.  Soooooo glad I decided not to fill them with candy!