Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, July 14, 2017

Insurance

What a pain.

Told her repeatedly it was the hot water heater, she wanted it to be from outside the house or a burst pipe.  So that we can't claim I'm assuming. 

Won't tell us what coverage or deductible is until I get an adjuster call back which could be 48 business hours away.  Until then everything is on our dime.  They're sending a restoration company today.  Catch being it's on our dime until there is approval on the claim. 

Eric has done most of the removal of stuff and carpet already.  We need fans and dehumidifiers.  Still need a new hot water tank too. 

Thankful for the moho.  Showers are available in the interim.

This just doesn't sound like good summer fun.

Also, I've ALWAYS hated the apartment.  Have always wanted it gone.  We've had four bad experiences with people living there. The whole apartment has gorgeous windows to the back yard.  We don't get to enjoy one of the best features about the house. I used to want to gut the place, paint the cement and let the kids ride bikes and play hockey.  So it's in discussions.  Smart thing might be to put everything back as it was but the potential for change is appealing.

Also, Eric loses a lot of stuff, most recently it was sand shovels.  I threatened to go down stairs and go through his hoard.  Careful what you ask for because now I'm up close and personal with every item in the basement.   1700 square feet of stuff.

Eric tells me to dig deep in my purge and let go but this morning I had to point out that it's feeling like the kids and I are the only ones purging.  His stuff is all treasure ;)

Update.  Two hours later we have an adjuster.  She's on it.  We're covered.  Clean up crew in today.  Machines on all weekend.  $1000 deductible.  Can go ahead and replace the hot water heater asap.  Which isn't covered.  We have several choices for the work.  Even the option to take cash settlement and do our own changes and repairs.  Feeling a tad better about the situation but it's still not fun.  Eric just told me there is a hole in the hot water heater.