Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Over Doing It.

Probably not surprising but I was already feeling pretty maxed before the flood.  Clearly this is going to be too much for me.  I had zero plans of changing up the downstairs. 

Eric is moving non stop.  He's being great about my crazy.  In order to move gift bags upstairs I needed to cull.  I resisted counting.  It was a wildly crazy amount of gift bags.  I kept about 25%.  Eric didn't question me.  In the scheme of things to be done it was stupid but he just went and got them for me.  I don't like the basement and I always avoid going.  Here is where I confess that I buy bags and use wrapping paper rather than go down there to the scary basement and the crowded messy storage closet. Hard to imagine our family has received that many gifts.

When Eric finished the floor upstairs the kids books were boxed up and moved to our bedroom.  I need room on the shelf for some of my books that are moving up  so I finally did the kids books.  Luk and Kai worked with me for two hours.  They brought all of the books to me and since they could only manage a couple at a time I had lots of time to sort.  Got a whole lot culled out.  All the girly, princess ones, all the younger ones and everything that is about kids misbehaving and learning lessons.  Not sure moral stories will teach the boys morals or just how to misbehave.  Then after dinner the boys helped box up the ones going.  We kept Jia away from the project because she wants to keep them all.  Lili came up to help but ended up stuck on memory lane.  I had to keep a couple for her ;)

Boys have lost their toy room.  Not good for Kai.  He LOVES the toys and tv.  I took him down to show him and he cried.  Fei and I set up a Thomas Train set to amuse them but it was way too complicated for them and Kai refused to share and screamed at Jia that it was his.  So I put it away.  We've tried letting them in the living room but as before Kai CAN NOT deal.  All three girls were distressed after dealing with him in here on Friday. They had a huge list of infractions to report.  Moving furniture, jumping on funiture, leaping off furniture. Still can't let him play in the bedroom.  So he's stuck in the kitchen.  I'm not sure who wants the toyroom back more, me or him. Luk is fine as long as he has paper and a pen he's happy.
Moved toddler books in for Kai to read in the morning.  Then had a hard time getting him in bed.  He's rearranging them already.