Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Finding our way through chaos.

The flood remains a big deal. Renovations are on going.  We are no where near moving back into our basement.  We have stuff squirrelled away all over the place.  Eric's shop is full and his tools are spilling out as he works here and there.  I'm gathering for our trip but my little areas are spilling over so now I'm moving onto the dining room table.  It's really four trips in one. Road trip, Disney, Halloween and a cruise.  All requiring different wardrobes.  I'm almost finished Christmas shopping and it's all shoved into my glory hole with suitcases and travel supplies.  Eek.  It's not pretty.  Tonight Lili needed a clothing item from a clean laundry basket and I wouldn't let her dig because she routinely makes a massive mess requiring a whole lot of refolding. So while I'm too busy already I had to sort and put away laundry. I really should take a picture. It's amazing how big a pile from one week is.  The boys go through double the rest of us.  The pain is real. We do so much laundry.  Our machines are heavily over worked.

I told Eric I was feeling over burdened by my to do list.  We went over the list and where will the house sitter sleep came up (guest room from basement is gone).  Today Eric solved it. He made a bed in our living room.  Of course now kids want on it ;) 

Having a house sitter is wonderful and a lot of work.  The house needs to be nice for her otherwise why would she want to come here! 

The big girls are starting to let their teachers know they need to get ahead of their work for the holiday.  There's no chance there will be time on the holiday for projects.

Lili got a lead role in a school play.  She's pretty happy about that. 

Kai has begun eating all of his lunch at snack time. Ugh. So now some one has to dole out snack to him.  He also can not remember to close his water bottle and his new agenda came home drenched. Made it one day. It's all warbly. Agenda is in a zip lock now.  A day too late.  I was told this morning that he is making progress with his pencil work. Perhaps the new glasses are helping.  He has started going to a play group for special kids through Clements after school on Tuesday.  He's gone twice now and he likes going. Eric takes him after school and I pick him up after work. There is a tv and lego there ;)

Luk is doing great at school.  He's ready to read any minute. I love watching the moment it clicks for kids.  He was beginning to read last year and then lost interest when he was so fatigued.  He's making progress with physio.  His therapist told me today he's significantly stronger and able to balance more. 

Not much new for Fei and Jia.  No news is good news.  Jia's teacher is using fresh grade and sending lots of lovely updates, pictures and copies of her projects.  I'm used to not hearing anything so it's quite refreshing.




Problem solved.  Now where did I put the downstairs linens?