Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Kai Read a Book!!!!

The boys brought home their first reading homework today. Extremely repetitive. Only a few pages. One sentence each page.  Only one word changes.  Luk had his book mastered. No surprise.  I sat with Kai and did a picture walk, read the book a couple times and did finger placement for five more tries while getting him to copy my words one by one.  After seven times of going through the book he started 'getting' the changing words.  Then he sat and read the book. With some prompting to keep going and turn pages but he read the words!!  I didn’t believe there was any chance of that happening any time soon or ever. He cried.  I cried.  Eric left us...I suspect to cry ;) 

Kai just wanted back to his lego and tv.  Luk then came and mastered Kai's book too.