Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Kai is Ok.

For anyone following the dates. Kai had his surgery Friday morning. He proved to be complex after all. Things didn't all go as planned. Ended up in the picu (pediatric intensive care unit). He has been bleeding from the adenoid site. All day. ALL DAY. Soooo much blood. It's finally stopped through the night while he's sleeping. Perhaps he does indeed have a bleeding disorder? It's in his file that he does but we'd never heard that before.

So I wasn't able to leave his side. Which made a long day for me. My special needs weren't catered to. I asked Eric to come during the hype of the day and bleeding. He came and offered me a much needed break and brought dinner. Luk and Jia were scared but pretty supportive of their brother.

Kai has been incredibly brave all day. He's also been really mad about events. Praying the blood stops for the rest of the night.

The surgeon has been great. Came back twice after hours to check on him and will be back in the morning.

Next hospital stay requires two parents and babysitters for the others! Also slippers. I'm all about bare feet and they don't appreciate that here. And it's hot. I have my own hot flash issues. Looking forward to home already. Not having a great vacation ;)









Finally a break from holding Kleenex under his nose.

Emergency procedures training on a little boy doll.

Kai was happy to see his posse but couldn't stay awake.