Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, May 10, 2019

Speech therapy.

It took over three years to find a speech pathologist to take on Kai.  Crazy.  He gets speech at school but it's not enough.  He doesn't like speech therapy and we're not sure how he will respond to having to go twice a week.  $125 an hour.  I'm encouraging Fei to consider this as a job choice.  Make your own hours, work from home and charge a crazy amount.  Kai thankfully has funding.

So we've just started and the therapist seems a bit wary of Kai.  He doesn't care for her a whole lot.  Fingers crossed they mesh better!!  He'll be going all summer too. 
This is Kai during speech at school.
I sat in on his session this week.
Mostly because he's challenging his EA's and I don't love the attitude I'm seeing at school and I wanted him to know his rudeness is being observed by Mama.  It's clear that the session is hard for him. 
I made him say thank you at the end and he was upset about that.  I reminded him we say thank you to people who are helping us.  From his point of view I made him thank his torturer.