Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Fun Part

Getting to know our new baby.  She's met everyone except Lewis.  Isabel loves her.  No drama from anyone.  Lots of interest last night from Oliver, Esmei and Isabel when she was in the crate.  We put her in Isabel's old giant camping crate in our room.  Today at work she is set up in the pack and play crib.  We'll use the super yard xt in the kitchen.

She woke up at 4:30 and crunched on some kibble.  I took her outside at 5.  She still hasn't peed!  Poor thing doesn't know where to go.  She is news paper trained.  She doesn't know about pee pads and grass.  Grass that is too tall on her :)  Eric is going to find newspaper today so we can put some on the lawn.

This morning Jia took her to school.  So much fun.  The kids were all so great with her.  Jia got to do a show and tell with her new puppy.  I just grinned.  So much more fun than the drudgery of work, school, chores and appointments.

I met the dogs on Sunday.  Fei and I spent two hours meeting a whole bunch of different dogs.  Different breeds, ages, and genders.  A few rescues.  Tough choice.  Loved them all.  I had two picked out and couldn't decide.  I took Eric and Jia after work yesterday to pick between the two.  They didn't agree.  Eric said take both.  Oy.  I made the choice and they didn't necessarily agree with me but everyone was happy once we got in the car.  Joanie the breeder was in a car accident and was feeling awful so we get her papers later.  Still not sure how old she is.  She is a sibling to Dawn-Marie's little Thelonious.  Same Dad.  Possibly a littermate but not confirmed yet so that is fun.

The name game is going strong.  I have a name picked out for the puppy left behind of course. Sasha.  She hugs like a human baby.  She was Eric's pick.  She's full grown and Shitzu/Chihuahua.  I've said one is enough.  Eric is still talking about two this morning.

Wish I knew what they were thinking.
                             




Only Eric would think to let them sniff butts.  Hahaha.

My big ole' toughie telling me no more dogs.  Love.

Long chats about peeing on the lawn.



To be so popular ;)


She was tired from our big morning and slept on Sue while I set up her crib.