Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Home to the critters!

Best part of any trip is getting home.

Isabel was out of her mind.  Sasha was squirmy and super wiggly.  So squishable!  Jessica managed to get some weight on her.  I'm guessing she wasn't moving around as much if she wasn't at work everyday and trying to keep up with me.

So.  Every trip I post "home".  No pictures because travel days aren't usually pretty.  I'll paint a picture of our lunch today, later.  Haha.  So this time I was thinking I'd post critter pictures because that and our beds are the most exciting part of home.  Then I was thinking of how daunting it would be to get 7/8 pictures of them.  Then we came home to a gift from Jessica our house sitter.
How crazy is that?!  How could she have known what was on my mind?

The trip was a success.  All home safe and sound.  Car did great.  Nothing went wrong.  We're just chaos.

The lunch story.  
On the ferry.  We have a routine.  We get 4 burger combos.  One for Eric the rest of us eat a half.  Today I gave instructions.  Lili and Fei take the littles to find a seat.  Lili  come back and help me get 7 waters.  Then Eric takes off with Luk and Jia in the opposite direction  of Lili, Fei and Kai.  I chose to follow Kai.  The girls take him to sit down.  Eric brings Jia and Luk into the line with me.  Except they're both sick with hacking coughs.  Thanks kids club.  So I send Jia out and make Eric take Luk out.  Lili comes back.  I have food on a tray.  She gets waters.  We go to pay and don't have the 4 combo drinks.  We can't manage.   Can we come back?  Yes.  Thinking  coffee for Eric and drinks for the girls.  Get to table.  No one got knives, napkins or ketchup/vinegar.  So Lili is running around.  I run around.  We end up with double ketchup.  I got 14 napkins.  Cut and divide food. Before I can sit down Kai has devoured his burger. It's everywhere.  Takes a few napkins to clean him up.  Strong admonination to slow down.  Divey out grapes and a fig newton and ketchup for his fries.  I sit down.  Eric and the girls were getting their drinks.  Now everyone is in the wrong spot and has the wrong waters.  Some have ice, some have lots of ice, some have no ice. Some kids won't touch things touched by certain other kids.  So that was fun.  Luk and Jia aren't really hungry because they're sick.  So we talk about water.  Lili gets more napkins.  Jia suddenly has a nose bleed.  Lili gets more napkins.  Lili has her first ever headache and is quite unhappy about it.  I tell her to eat and drink, it might help.  Eric says Luk's illness started with a head ache. Lili is in a panic, upset the kids made her sick. Jia is starting to make noise because her nose bleed is heavy and not stopping.  She gets them all the time so we're sort of ignoring her.  I realize she has a for real problem and we revert to old methods.  She's laying on her back across Eric's lap.  He's pinching the bridge of her nose.  Complaining that there is nothing there to pinch.  Quick admonishment to Kai to slow down on the grapes.   Chew chew swallow before more goes in.  We need cold on Jia's neck so need ice in napkins.  Lili gets more napkins.  Put ice on the back of her neck but it's making Eric's pants wet.  Lid from a water under the napkin.  Luk is asking to not eat he doesn't feel good.  Lili gets all emotional and has a few tears/while laughing.  Fei has her own issues.  I can't find napkins to help Luk.  Luk is already on second outfit and projectile vomited at Walmaet earlier so we're all a little scared.  And then Fei makes a comment about the condition of our family.  Yup.  It's all good.  We're obviously here for everyone else's entertainment.

Now they want to know what's for dinner.  Haha.  Toast, fruit and cereal. I think we're all done for today.