Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Ensenada

Fun day.  Weather was great. We walked off and got right on a bus $4 each.  It took us to town. From there we went with a tour company to LaBufadora again except this time we added horseback riding on the beach to the tour.  Believe me, we were WAY out of my realm with horses.  They terrify me.  I was worried the boys wouldn't hold on.  Blah blah.  It worked out ok.  The boys were rockstars.  They both did great.  I needed Eric to get me up and then spent the whole hour freaked about getting down.  Haha.  Neither up nor down was accomplished with any finesse.  Eric had my purse...and phone...so not a lot of pictures and not really any of the boys.  I'm hoping the girls have photos.  We don't see a lot of them on the ship.  Jia is on her own today.  Has her card in a lanyard with the coveted sticker that let's her sign herself in and out of her camp.  We handed it over this morning with the whole great responsibility lecture.  Fingers crossed. 
Even buses are fun for Kai.
Anything that "goes".



This is the courtyard we had lunch at.  Came free with the tour.  Didn't get to eat until. It was surprisingly good.


Jia has shopped a lot more than the boys.
The boys choose baseball hats with Ensenada on them.  Sigh.  They just can't handle hats.  The weirdness started up right away.  I finally took them away so they could enjoy the day.




There are 150 vendors at this outdoor market.  I could spend hours there.  We only had an hour and 20 minutes.  

These two thought the clams were great.  Doesn't look like food to me.

Gramma, you bought the girls sunglasses.

They would have liked more time.  I was pushing them to speed the process up.  Starting price $120, down to $45 so they were pleased.  I got a purse.  Started at $160 paid $55, so I was pleased too.  


The photo!  Couldn't believe they got us all together.

Jia's horse took off.  Was running way ahead.  Our guy had to lead my horse with me on it to catch her.  He ran his heart out.  Turned red and was sweating profusely.  Jia was trying to stop her horse but was too quiet and using "whoa" but the horse is Spanish and needs "O".  So, she who was the most scared was the one that got to gallop.  Did not care for it at all.  Jia thought me being scared was the funniest thing ever.  I wasn't around but have been told by everyone that Fei thought watching me bouncing along ahead of them was hillarious.  I wasn't actually concerned about Jia because Eric had told me earlier that the horse would just go home.  I was fairly certain that I however was facing broken bones from falling off.
My guy got a big tip.