Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, January 20, 2020

Scratch, Comedy Night and Dumplings.

Jia enjoyed Scratch camp so I signed her up for another session.  However, it's not a group thing and the teacher decided to just have Jia and one other kid, Oliver as "the class" because she thought they were well suited.  Friday was her first class.  She LOVED it.  Not doing Scratch but exploring tech in general.  First class was working in 3D to create her name on the 3D printer.  It will hold her flash drive on the wall.  Very cool.  It was fun to pick her up and just be confused by all that her and Oliver had to tell me.  Haha.

Then Eric and I escaped for an evening out.  Watched 'Snowed In' at the theater.  Four comedians. We had fun and a few belly laughs.  

On Saturday we stayed home.  Girls are heading into exam week so they needed study time.  Eric and I made dumplings to start out the Chinese New Year traditions.  Took four hours to make, a few minutes to devour.  Sigh.  Max spent the day with Jia.  He liked the dumplings too ;) They made cookies.  The kitchen had a good workout.
So, remember the epic melt down story in Disneyland in front of the castle.  I felt heard by "the lady".  Then I was reading about the new ride in Galaxies Edge and saw a picture of Bob (the CEO of Disney) having a peruse of the land and he's with the lady I talked to.  So, I was HEARD.  The meltdown might have actually had some impact for change to help families with special needs kids.  We can hope anyways.  
Not my picture, took from the internet.

On Sunday we got up and started getting organized for Chinese New Year.  Our group dinner is next Saturday. The decorating is done.  Only took one picture.  Will get more later.  Kids are all just excited about Chinese food.  Haha.  
Antique linens are from Sue's Mom.  Kids walked by and wanted know if they were getting dumplings again.  Ah No. Definitely not giving them soy sauce on those linens!  
I just wanted to play with my dishes and linens.