Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, October 17, 2020

A wee Kai update.

Another blood draw.  He hates them and is very dramatic about it all.  Pretty proud of the bandage afterwards though.  

Kai gets a lot of supports in school.  This year surprisingly he has a brailist with him full time!  I have no idea how or why.  Last year the district was taking away his visual impairment designation because he wasn't impaired enough. I was told that he had the most sight of all the district designations.  His new companion Michelle is blind. She uses a cane.  Kai likes her a lot.  I've only seen them together once, over the fence.  He tripped twice on her cane.  He can't see it.  I'm told by others that Kai helps Michelle around.  Can't imagine what that looks like but we love it.  I have no idea how the braille is going.  We haven't had any meetings yet.  Michelle thinks there is a smart boy in there somewhere.  He definitely has some clever splinter skills.  
We have dropped all cariculars and therapies this year except Kai's standing speech lesson.  Finding a speech therapist took years.  We won't leave Tracy.  Kai usually squawks about going to speech but this year he's going happily.  No clue what the change is.  The sea lions are back in the bay, so Eric and Kai stopped to have a look and listen after speech. I can't tell you how nice it is not running around everyday with someone, somewhere for something.  Our take away from the pandemic ... Eric wanted quieter, simpler days ... the children have proved happier doing less in his ideal scenario.  So far no one is asking for anything more.  
I'm hoping to get some time to go see them myself this weekend.  I did go to work all week.  Just back and forth.  Sitting is painful.  My issues are slowly resolving in the getting better direction versus the accute getting worse direction.  I'm bored.  Resting is boring.  I'm not good at resting.  Eric is fabulous at making me go rest.  Today I'm resting on Mom's couch with Meili while Mom gets some shopping done.  It's super quiet here.  Fei has the day off work and I think Lili is coming home later so we can vote together.  I'm oddly excited about her first voting moment.