Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Magical Words

Fei and I took food and supplies to Lili yesterday.  We ate a late lunch out at Montanas.  There is an apple, spiced pecan salad there that I dream about. Nice time out with my girls. Lots of talk about what's next. 2nd term at VIU is all online again.  Online sucks hard.  Lili said she will think about coming home for term 2.  She had really hoped there would be in class learning by term 2. She likes her place and feels it will be perfect for campus life.  Waste of funds for online.  However, the new routine is starting to feel more comfortable. She says it's much quieter there.  Too funny.  Fei and I feel it's MUCH quieter at home with Lili gone.  She keeps weird hours. Showers at midnight.  Wakes me regularily with the front door opening and closing and lights off and on.  She agrees it's quiet down stairs. We'll see.  For Fei she is interested in practical nursing and we are muddling through the application process. Lili was helping us try to understand which courses Fei needs to take.
Lili needed something silicone for a lab. We hit the dollarstore after lunch in search.  Found a silicone dog toy that will hold water.  Fei choose a unicorn horn to wear to work on Halloween.  She hates Halloween.  Lili laughed when Fei showed her which made Fei question her decision all over again.  Haha.  She wants understated.  Meanwhile Lili still hasn't decided what to dress as.  
Eric sent me this. Coco cuddling with Isabel.  They do ok together but Coco feels very threatened when Isabel tries to lay near me and growls and barks at her.  So this was nice to see.  
Meili looking adorable.  
It's been pointed out to me that the previous post about not being sure about white pumpkins marks me as a pumpkin racist.  Ok.  Clearly I need to own that.  Lili needed a pumpkin for a party so Fei and I picked one out for her.  In my defense, there were no white ones at the market.  Haha.
More dollarstore fun. They had tiny butterfly outfits.  We just had to.  Both Chihuahuas are 3.4lbs now.  Fei found them tiny sweaters too.  Score.
Beyond adorable. It's super tough to get a picture of Coco.  She is constant movement. Fei got this one.
Oh Walter...we'll get you costumed too.  
Love it.  Kai is pretty fond of Walter so he was pretty excited about his costume.
He seemed quite comfortable to just hang out in the jacket.  It's warm. I was a tad concerned he'd scoot out the cat door with it on.  The neighbor cats might make fun of him.  He's sporting a wound on his face right now so someone is already picking on him.
This popped up on my Facebook feed memory today from 5 years ago.  Would be worth our limbs to get Esmei in a costume today ;)  I think Lacie's pumpkin sweater (the one on Walter kitten) would fit her though.  
Ballerina Isabel was the BEST!! Again, Fei's idea. I thought she would hate it. I was wrong. No dog ever was happier about clothing!  She was grinning.  Running around the house totally showing off.  She went straight to Eric and actually turned a circle to show him.  So sweet.  Getting her to pose wasn't easy.  
Her old costume. Devil horns.  She was a good sport for Fei last night.
Isabel still smiling.  The only way to get them all together was for Fei to hold the littles and quickly scoot in and crouch near Isabel demanding "take it now!".
Fei wasn't thrilled with me posting that there was possibly neuro problems with Coco. She wants me to correct my terminology. She points out that Coco could just be developmentally delayed. Possibly needing 4 or 5 years to catch up and that's ok.  So, I've been corrected.  
Ending this post with my little heart dog.