Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, July 12, 2021

Big Things

So many big things happening in this picture. I'm wearing a two piece and Luk is commando!  I like to cover up when getting to the beach and then at the beach too.  Our preteen is currently struggling with self image. In an effort of solidarity in discomfort I told her we would strut our flaws together.  To be clear, she doesn't actually have any flaws ;)  And then...she didn't even join us at all.  Luk is on meds, moving forward with next steps.  Starting to gain some control. Paralysis is hard.  I got tired of adjusting my suit and gave up.  Belly, scars and my man made belly button exposed!!  It was fine.  No one was looking. Luk and I had a nice time playing in low tide.  To our surprise Eric and Kai joined us when we had just started coming back.  Apparently Kai's idea, only because his tablet ran out of power ;) Luk sees the Spinal Cord Clinic at Children's and is having his first unsedated mri in mid August.  His pediatrician has also requested a surgical consult for a bag.  Scary and exciting things moving forward.  I managed to remain under and maintain my goal weight for a whole year.  Honestly maintaining has been way harder than losing.  This next year the focus will be more on fixing Chrones issues within the diet.  
On our last night of camping.  Back to work tomorrow. Kai elated to be going home.  Jia ready to go home. Luk would be happy to stay longer with Eric and I.  Annie is settling in at home.  Looking forward to getting to know her and puppy cuddles.