Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

A cold?!

It was Jia's 1st day of high school yesterday.  She was so looking forward to her fresh start.  I skulked around for a couple minutes, then drove away with huge apprehension.  Sadly she reports two other girls in the class were staring at her, whispering and one of them took a picture of her and the other said send it to me.  Now, is she paranoid? and there is no way that actually happened?  Or did that really freaking happen?!.  So, Mama's what do we do?  Does she take the lead?  Do we ignore this?  Talk to the school?  The teacher?  Is this really the way kids are now?  Can I go with her Thursday and get evil eye contact with the other girls?  Do I just try to switch her to the other class?  She came home and went to bed.  Poor kid.  We soooo wanted something better for her. It's the end of September and it definitely isn't feeling like school has settled yet. Update, I emailed the teacher, told him what happened and asked for suggestions on how to handle it. Leading with switching class or staying home.  We'll see.  2nd update.  Teacher has no clue what actually happened.  Is going to watch more closely and help Jia through this transition.  He is willing to move her to the other class but wants her to try 1st.  
Yesterday was a full day.  Luk to school. Kai to speech then school where Eric had to go in and make sure he had ea support and that it wasn't Joy. Also to state the obvious about a safety issue. Kai's new class is dim, no overhead lights, Kai already full on face planted a door in there. The teacher thought he could put a lamp on Kai's desk.  EEK.  This is why the boys shouldn't be in school with new people constantly trying to learn about them.  Consistency would be so much better.  If a lamp was on his desk he would without question play with it.  We don't allow him access to anything plugged into the wall.  His safety and awareness is at age 2.  Eric said 'bad idea', I think he should have said 'dangerous idea'.  My faith is low.  I think there might be people at school wondering why it's a bad idea.  I spent half the night searching online for another schooling option for Kai.  Anyone?  Ideas? It was milk day. I worked for a couple hours. Then dropped Jia at school.  Home for lunch.  Picked up boys at 2:20 and Jia at 2:30.  I was five minutes late getting across town.  She was pretty desperate to get out of there. We took Kai to social skills group.  He put one foot through the door and yelled "see ya Mom". I guess he likes it there. Then home to meet Fei.  I visited with Lili while I waited.  She was home for an appointment.  Fei needed to do an assignment about services and programs in the community for the vulnerable so she was doing Kai's playgroup.  I drove her over and the kids were all on the Variety bus going to the park so Fei jumped on the bus to go with them.  It took 15 minutes for the bus to leave because one boy needed a lot of coaxing to get on the bus.  It was all eye opening for Fei. Her big question was "why do you want Kai there?".  We're just desperately trying to find his people.  I napped in the car while waiting for Fei and Kai.  I thought I was having a wicked allergy attack.  Home for dinner.  The girls did laundry and watched a bit of TV with us before they went home.  I told Eric I was feeling a bit lousy and my nose was running so went to bed early. He mentioned he thought Luk had a sniffle.  By midnight my throat was sore.  This morning I full on have a head cold. I'll test for covid later.  Day 2 is too early.  I don't like how fast this hit.  My whole head is pounding. Thankfully not much on the agenda for today.  Jia has hip hop later but I'm hoping Eric will take her.  Update, omg, soooo sick. Delirious, deep chill for 5 hours, dizzy, whole face is a disaster. Actually visably swollen. Eric kindly told me I don't look so great. Coughing, sneezing and a constant drip.  Good lord.  Hopefully it leaves as quickly as it hit!