Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Mid Week

We met these cuties at Pings on Saturday. Midway. We were getting Fei's car for repairs and handing over a tuition cheque. Lunch was a bonus.

The littles chose to stay home. To be fair we didn't tell them Pings was a possibility. This was the first time we've left the three of them alone together. It went OK. I wasn't totally comfortable about Kai with substandard care but he was fine.
Lili's tire was crazy low. Then even lower after lunch. So a lesson in the parking lot about how to fill a tire. I made Eric go with her. She had a drywall nail embedded. I backtracked while they dealt and went to rescue Kai. Haha. I'm not sure he even knew we were gone.
This hat saved me in Disney with all the rain. I thought I'd lost it, left in the hotel. Eric found it in my car. I was so thrilled to see it again.  

Now...I haven't driven my car in 8ish weeks. I thought we should take it to meet the girls so I'd be more comfortable driving back. I much prefer it to driving Eric's van. We got down the road and there were horrible smells happening and the check engine light came on. Yikes. We went back and swapped for the van. Eric lifted the hood and I have critters nesting in my engine bay.  
Today Eric took the boys to school then home to get Jia and take her to a morning soap stone carving class. He had an hour at home where he was working on cleaning the mess and searching for damage in my car. Then back to get Jia. He has another hour at home before taking her to guitar, pick up the boys and come home. Then will have 3 hours before going across town for Jia's hip hop class. Phew.

Yesterday was the Tues gauntlet.
Boys to school
Pick up milk at farm
Home for an hour
Go to library
Ate lunch out
Jia to school
Banking for B&L
Grocery shop
Pick up boys
Pick up Jia
Take Kai to playgroup
Go to finance guy to sign papers re tuition
Home with groceries
Put away
I work at desk
Eric picks up Kai
Dinner
Rest an hour
Snack for Kai
Routine for everyone else.

Phew.  

I seriously have zero clue how I worked full time out of the house before.  At one point Eric had to ferry 5 kids around.  And this is why we always, always feel like we're trying to catch up.  

When we were leaving the library Jia saw a poster for Shrek the Musical. She wanted to go. I did too. It plays on my Birthday. So on a whim I bought 7 tickets for the family. I was thinking we should sit close so Kai can see and it turns out the front two rows were a lot less moola so that worked in my favor. Lili and Fei are both good to come since it's a Saturday. Yay.  

Jia's romance has ended. She was fine with that. She expected it. It was fun while it lasted.

We bought dumpling supplies yesterday. I'll have to talk Jia into assembling with me. We're cheating with pre-made wrappers. We haven't decided which day we'll eat them yet.
Each day is too busy to make plans. 

Tomorrow and Friday there are no extra carricular events. Thank goodness.

My cough is better. I'm in a flare now though. Crohns sucks. Short Bowel Sydrome sucks. I'm definitely ready to feel whole and healthy again! 

Off to go get food in Jia before she's leaves for her guitar lesson.