Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Lunch in Port Alberni

 

Eric's spare tire doesn't match.  He wants a cover.  He complained about the prices on Amazon for a plain one. I showed him aliexpress.  Oh my.  He spent a LONG time cruising the options and putting a few in the cart.  Super prices.  So many choices.  He was hillarious.  The boys and I were entertained watching him try to decide if he wanted, classy, funny, a representation of himself or of Oscar.  
I think the front runner is a Jeep off camber that says 'Don't follow me, you won't make it'.  Haha.  
I sooooo wanted to meddle and help direct him to something I would have liked for Oscar.  I was good and just pointed out things like color match, wrong grill, perhaps offensive etc.

The boys and I finally got our windy drive and ice milk.

I made Eric drive by a house I liked online.  He didn't like it at all but he was excited about this empty lot.  The view is spectacular but there is zero chance I'm ever building a house with Eric. Plus, we're not leaving our community. 
Our friends weren't arriving until the afternoon so we zipped into Port Alberni.  It feels like home to both of us there.  We did the outside market, had lunch at Turtle Island, walked the boardwalk and just had a nice relaxing holiday morning.


There was mild excitement about the giant tug boats that they all blocked from view.



We went back to camp after lunch.  The boys and I enjoyed some quiet time in the shade.  Eric did the hike with Marty, Cathryn and Susan plus their four Jack Russell's.  It was nice to catch up with a visit after dinner.  We'll see them again next weekend.  They're camping at Goldstream while we'll be at Bamberton.  So pretty close.

Then it was discovered that someone didn't pack the supplies needed for a flush so Luk and I headed home.  
That was disappointing for sure but not worth the risk of his chait closing and needing surgery to reopen it.