Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, June 6, 2024

New tattoos and shoes for Oscar!

 



Eric is making Oscar his.
After Jeepapaloosa it became important for Oscar to have bigger tires.  These are 33's. Mudders with aggressive grip.
He scored the rims and tires used from a fellow Jeeper in Nanaimo.  The other fellow went to 37's.
I'm sure Eric would also love 37's but he is leaving Oscar low enough to still reasonably tow the trailer.  Plus no need to change steering and gears to run this size.

Now that Oscar has nicer rims than Onyx AND the slant soft top AND nice new decals I'll admit that when he drove in today with the top back and both him and Oscar looking so sexy I was definitely jealous and possibly regretting some of my life decisions.  Kidding and not kidding all at once.

I may have whined a little about the price of soft tops for Onyx.  Eric has mollified me with promising a windy drive in Oscar later to get an ice milk cone from McDonald's.  

Back to scouring marketplace daily for a used soft top for Onyx.
I did order red dragon eyes for her headlights so that's fun.  Then I got it in my head that she needs some scales.  Which is already a thing.  So, the scale hunt is on. Do I realize this is insane?  Why, yes, yes I do.

Life is insane here a lot of the time.
This gives me something fun to ponder that isn't about kids and their futures and relationships and their schedules and medical needs or appointments or the to do list, calls to make, appointments to make, what do the kids need, what do the pets need, what does the house need, what does the trailer need and the eternal what the heck are we eating for dinner?

I call my driving time therapy.
A gorgeous shot from Japan.
The intake and interview happened with cvolk.  Jia has been accepted to alternative school for Grade 10.  The principal felt his program would be a good fit for Jia.  It feels positive.  Perhaps not as exciting as the art plan but a plan that feels attainable with possible success.

I finally listed the Island Queen for sale. There hasn't been a mad rush of people vying to buy her yet.  Shock.  Haha.  I'm not as sad about it as I thought I would be.  The trailer is working for us.  It's definitely not the luxory of the moho but we're comfortable and it's really great not having to look for extra large sites.

Lili went to Vancouver to celebrate Lian's Birthday.

We're camping this weekend at Little Qualicum again.  Last minute.  Cathryn and Marty are there Saturday night.  I put in a request for that night and got it.  A couple days later I got another notification about Friday night.  Then a third notice for the Sunday.  Too funny.  Three reservations for one weekend, all last minute.  So the new request system works.  Oh, and, total crazyiness, all three reservations are in the same site.  

Lili is walking with VIU in the Nanaimo Pride parade on Sunday so it's a whole lot of discussions about logistics for some or all of us to get there.  Some from Duncan and some from Little Qualicum. 
Another Izzy batch.  Always needing replenished when we're trying to leave.

I promised Eric he could stay home every second weekend. Then filled up his home weekend with another camp weekend.  He's been doing double time this week to get everything done.  It was also a week of brakes.  Oddly.  I've been bugging him to sort out electric brakes on Onyx.  She should be plug and play but locating the adapter plug took some searching and time.  He worked on Al's moho brakes on Monday, Fei's friend had a seized emergency brake that they worked on yesterday and last night Eric finally got Onyx set up.  And she really WAS plug and play.  Yay.