Luk

Luk
Our family.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Blood draw for Kai.

I'm rarely in town, so it was nice to get the blood draw done today.  We dropped the moho in for repairs.  I followed Eric with the littles and from there we headed to the lab.  We've had the requisition for a week but I thought Kai would do better with me there.  He was all happy right up until he saw the needle.  He told the nurse "OW, NO" he whined for a second and then was a real trooper.  He even thanked them when we were leaving.  Always a gentleman.  He was showing Luk and Jia his bandage when he got out.  He even pointed it out to me, too cute.  Then we walked around the block to the Bavarian Bakery and got the boys a cookie so that made everything better.  Jia didn't want or like anything at the bakery, it boggles.  She went home for an apple instead.  We walked past a new store being built, looked like maybe a smoothie place? She was all over that. 

Jia's class is at Transfer Beach today, I wouldn't let her go so she's home today.  Last year she was there along with several schools.  Hundreds of kids milling around everywhere.  No one knew where she was. She wasn't with her teacher, or her group. I found her wandering by herself.  She didn't know where any of her class was so she was pretty close to where their back packs were.  Bless her for figuring that out.  She wasn't nearly as panicked as I was!!  So, ya, I wasn't feeling that great about sending her on the bus for the same crazy day.  Eric and I aren't very popular with her today.  She is miffed. 

Lili's last day was yesterday.  She went back today to give the Alex Aitken grade sevens a tour as a part of leadership. 

Fei is going to high school to get another  tour led by Lili ;)

We're going to see Finding Dory tomorrow.  Kai's first movie trip with us.  They're all so excited.  I'm really hoping there isn't anything scary.  Luk gets really overwhelmed with the noise, big screen and darkened theater and ends up screaming at every movie we go to!  I'm not positive but I think Lili and Fei are coming to this one. They LOVED Finding Nemo when they were little.  I recall a road trip to Disneyland when the girls were 2 and 3, we panicked about the long drive and bought a DVD player for the car just before we left.  They watched Finding Nemo, non stop, over and over the whole way there.  Once upon a time Eric and I could recite all of the words from that movie.