Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

The Maiden Voyage.

Eric took off early so he could fill the moho up with propane and gas and park it and set up without all of us and our constant needs.  ;) 

The rest of us followed later with the van (just in case) and dinner.

Everyone was in good spirits.  Eric said all was good and he is feeling more comfortable with the size.  $280 to fill it with gas! Yikes.  We went for a good long hike after dinner.  Kai wasn't totally thrilled but he did it. 

Kai issues, he doesn't look forward or at the ground. So he falls a lot.  Also he barely lifts his feet up and walks in an old man shuffle. So he falls a lot.  He tires quickly and his feet turn in just like Luk. So they both fall a lot. 

I hold Kai's hand and Eric holds Luk.  Fei took Isabel all weekend so that helped free us up for the boys.  On Saturday Mom and Dad came for the hike and Gramma was trying to help Kai too.  He agrees with you that he needs to look forward and at the ground. Then trips anyway.

Today I bought him a sports strap to help hold his glasses on because that's also an issue.  He peeks over the top and I think the glasses are actually in the way of him seeing right in front of his face. 

Ok, so all was well and then Eric and I tried putting the boys to bed and all three girls came in all excited and kept it crazy in the coach.  I kicked them all out after an hour.  Took forever to settle the boys.  In the morning they were both out of sorts.  Extremely low functioning. To the point that I was contemplating taking them home.  Sigh. 

All of our potty success with Kai went out the window.  He managed to pee on me, on Eric, all over the bathroom on the toilet and tiles.  He forgot how to sit and couldn't control anything. He drenched his new bed and all of his bedding.  On the first night. And this is why I wanted a washer in my unit.  The moho has space for it so it's on my wish list.

Gramma and Grampa came out and we had lunch and another hike.  Sure was a hot day.  Luk managed but we did stop part way to sit in the shade with a wet shirt on his head and the back of his neck.  While we were sitting we got to watch an owl hunt and catch a snake.  Fei got a great picture of him up in a tree.

Overall the moho was pretty good. We don't love making and dismantling beds but it was great to have the walk around for us. We couldn't get the hot water heater to stay lit and we couldn't figure out how to make the air work on the generator.  I loved all the space.  The bigger bathroom was good.  I wasn't expecting the teens to set up camp in our room.  Might need to consider a tent for them on longer stays.

When it was so hot out the littles watched a movie and I had a nap with the pretense of reading a book.  Ya' the book never even came out. 

The dogaloos were great.  Lacie never did figure out how to get down her stairs (same one in our room).  We let Isabel choose where she wanted to sleep.  She started under Lili at the dinette bed, then snuggled in with Jia.  I ran to get my camera but Jia was awake by the time I got back.  Then she moved to sleep beside me.  On the carpet of course.

The boys settled down much easier on night two. Kai gained a bit of control or lost some fear on the second morning.  Everyone's excitement level dropped.  We all slept in until 9. The boys were helpful with cleaning and getting ready to drive out.  Kai was super excited to be home.  He survived his first camping trip.  Hopefully he'll be keen next time.

Alarmingly low.
Izzybiz photo bomb. 
Mommy, Iz stole my bed.
We're all in the shade while Lacie has a blissful sun bath.
Photo credit to Fei.
Photo credit to Mom.
Photo credit to Gramma.
Photo credit to Gramma.
Still Fei's photo but I tried cropping it.