Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, June 6, 2016

My Flex Day

I set the bar low.  I wanted a trip to a dollar store to look for hooks.  That happened, so it's all good. But...here is my day.

Fei is off to camp, so we need to be up earlier and be a little better organized. We all slept in a half hour.  Kai pooped in his bed this morning. He'll pee on the toilet but not for a poop. Kids who are almost five shouldn't be pooping in a diaper for all practical reasons. So, he needed a shower.

I took Fei and Jia to school, on time. Fei forgot ear buds. Lili had some.  Drive Lili home to get more. Drop Lili at high school. Home to pick up Eric and the boys. Out for breakfast. Which is a major treat except we were with the boys so the entire meal is about taming wild animals to eat like gentlemen or least less like wild animals. Boys!  Run a couple errands. Talk Eric into going to a dollar store with me. Found the hooks I needed and twenty other items we need. Get a call that Jia has a nose bleed.  They don't normally call so I worry it's bad and we go check on her. She's fine. Drop in on Mom to look at her kitchen reno. Home for lunch. Get a whole 20 mins to sit.  Back to school to pick up Jia.  Drop her at home. Back down to wait for Lili.  Take her home. 33mins to lay on the couch.  Jia bugs me the whole time.  Take whole family to drop Lili at her dance rehearsal. Drive to Bright Angel to buy a kids table set for the moho. Back to pick up Lili.  They aren't done. Littles are all sleeping in the car so I leave Eric and kids in the car and sit to watch some of the dancing.  Meet Penny and girls at Wendy's for dinner.  Lili goes with them to dance class.  Home again. Get boys to bed. Lay in Luk's bed tonight and Kai is furious. Trying to stress to him that I don't want to lay where he pooped.  I think he gets it a little bit but really it's just our on going battle. An hour later they are both still awake.  It's hard to walk away because leaving Kai awake and unsupervised is just almost always a mistake. He still picks, breaks, destroys everything he can.  Never his own things. Text Eric that he needs to get Lili. Come downstairs and do an hour of homework with Jia. 9:30 I get to go to bed. 

Seriously. My day off.  Not even time to do dishes.

Oh and as I'm just about to doze off Jia says she has a nose bleed, I say "really, now?!" and she says "just kidding". Sigh.