Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Dental Surgery for Lacie

Miss Lacie and I aren't having a good day.  I just dropped her at the vet.  She is shaking like a leaf and crying.  Her face is soaked in tears.  Which makes me bawl.  Ever seen tears well up on a dog?  It's the most heart breaking thing ever. 

She's in for teeth cleaning but at her age (almost 14) it's likely most of them are coming out. 

I don't get an update until noon.  Going to be a super long morning here.  If all goes well she can come home late afternoon.  We'll just keep picturing that moment!  Now to go cook some soft food for her.

Update: she made it through.  Awake, toothless and sleepy.  I get her back at 3.

Update: she's home. Zipping all over the place.  The toothless wonder.  She tried eating pureed pot pie but couldn't get a hold of it so I fed her tiny 1/2 pea size bites off a fork.  Supposed to keep her warm with cuddles and quiet.  She's not a cuddler and she won't stop moving.  When we went to get her she was keening in the back room. They indicated it had been going on for awhile.  They should have called me to come get her.  They also said she had no interest in anyone there touching her.  Yup.  That's our girl.  She has her peeps and it's always on her terms.

Her tongue is hanging out.  Sad and adorable. They think she'll be back to kibble in a few weeks.  Amazing.

Update: she is NOT leaving my side. She is hungry. I added more water to the baby mush pot pie and she ate that.  I mixed her pain killer and antibiotic into vanilla ice cream and she managed that once it melted. Eric bought her soft dog food but that was a no.  I think she is enjoying the special treatment.  She stands so patiently while I mix her food.  I was feeding her a tablespoon an hour in case she was feeling sick.