Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The wild ones.

We've been given two little kitties who were captured in a barn a week ago.  They were at the spca who has deemed them not adoptable so CCR took them and brought them to our house.  They are older than the wild ones we've tamed before.  They are WILD.  Very scared.  Very hard to catch.  Once caught, they lay still and endure the petting. 

In the first night we got ahold of the girl and cuddled her.  Next morning I dressed in a thick house coat and big leather welding gloves.  Eric asked if I was heading into battle.  Yup.  I caught the boy.  He layed in my arms for half an hour.  He didn't fight once I had him.  He hissed every time he looked at me.  Then I attempted to catch her again and he full on attacked me.  They will be long haul.  Frankly not sure if they will become house cats but we will try.
They arrived in this huge cage.  We couldn't reach them and they were NOT coming out.  Had to tip them out.

Fei has named them Millie and Charlie.
Millie wasn't pleased to be caught.

We were able to transfer her back and forth.

And change her positions.

She could have used her claws to escape but she didn't.

Charlie wasn't thrilled.  There was a long battle before I caught him.  We were both heavy breathing.

He started to relax and he won't ever admit it but I think he liked the scrubs.