Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Work Procrastination.

In the eternal quest for the perfect camping set up we took the boys to look at a hard walled pop up trailer.  Something we thought maybe I could manage on my own.  It's close but has damage and the rv lot won't let Eric play with it until we put a deposit on it. 
The wall by Kai's head is wowed out. No e of the staff know how to take it down or put it up.  Eric knows.  He watched a YouTube video.  

 So, Eric took to the internet and found one similar in Shawnigan.
It's pretty cool. In excellent condition. We are admittedly intrigued.  Eric was allowed to play with this one.  We could tow it with the van but would always have to be mindful to pack light.  I don't think I'm quite up to managing this one on my own. So, sadly we have walked away.  Anyone looking?  It fits in a garage.  Takes minutes to set up. Super light. Great price. Eric was so intrigued that he looked into trading his van in on a Hemi Jeep.  Haha.  I squashed that, told him if he upgraded the tow vehicle I could find a much bigger trailer.  There is no perfect solution.  At this point perhaps I really should suck it up and try learning to drive the moho.
This is Jia's next cosplay and hyper focus.
Here is where she's at so far.  Wig is ordered. I'm just thrilled Eric and I haven't had to be involved this time.

It's been a busy week.  Mom got herself concussed with a broken nose so she and Poppy got to convalece on our couch for a couple nights. She'll be ok.  She was super lucky and didn't get black eyes. 

I'm at my desk today, getting lots done.  I called to book Kai's cardiology tests and he's in Victoria General.  I'm insanely excited not to have to go to Children's.  

It's already time to sort the girls and University.  I just printed out 60 pages of their room rental agreements!  The cheque for four months is in the mail.  $8820.  That's just not a fun payment. Tuition isn't due until they start classes.

I'm totally unrelated news, Ticketmaster notified me that the Wiggles are coming to Vancouver.  I got instantly excited then realized we have no little kids left.  I did take a moment to picture going by myself.  I mean I do know all the words.  Sigh.  We just keep trying to budge our preteens out of the house.  Right now they are pretty much only interested in food/restaurants. I have asked Eric for just one more little one. He is a firm no.  Apparently getting a kid just to go see the Wiggles isn't quite enough motivation.