Luk

Luk
Our family.

Monday, February 27, 2023

Izzy

Four days of not eating and horrific face plants when she tries to get up.  Lots of mobility issues going on.  Hard time walking, on stairs and going potty.  We have been giving her miralax in gravy to help things along.  The worry here is HUGE.  Isabel isn't a pet, she's more like one of the kids.  I'm pretty sure the kids view her as more of a sibling. They love her one minute and are telling on her the next. She has a naughty side ;)  

For today, Eric finally enticed her to eat this morning.  He poured his homemade chicken noodle soup over Chihuahua kibble.  Minus the noodles.  Pasta makes her sick.  She sneaks the puppy food every time we leave the house so we know she likes it.  She definitely was giving Eric the side eye when he gave it to her.  I think I've talked Eric into making her some home made dog food later.  He used to batch feed Jr and Kady so this isn't new for us.  She peed and pooped and her mobility is improved today over the last three days.

She has no clue.  Leaping up any time anyone moves.  She HAS to know where everyone is.  People and pets.  She stays busy.  Right now I'm hoping the cold was the biggest factor and things will even out for her.  

Lots of calls about Luk, more appointments.  Getting Luk sorted.  No one really knows for sure what is happening but the hospital just called to do a health survey and it's still a go.  Then Queen Alexadra orthopedic people called.  They don't have a clear directive either.  The big hanging question is how will they build braces for him once he's is casts.  I'm hoping the walking casts are removable.  No one is clear on that one little point.  Ideally the leg braces would have been built before the surgery.  

Prayers the snow has stopped.  I don't adore driving in the snow.  Doing it in the big city makes me super nervous.  My Mom offered to come stay with Kai and Jia so Eric could drive Luk and I but it doesn't seem a good idea for Eric to leave Isabel right now.  So I'm sucking it up and being grateful I have the Jeep.

The boys are off to see the symphony today with their classes.  So fun.  

Jia only has one class before her school goes into teacher/parent meetings and then into spring break.  So the push is on to get things turned in tomorrow.  Then she has most of March off.  My feelings on homeschool are so mixed.  I have to pretty much daily remind myself that she is happy.  That was the goal.