Luk

Luk
Our family.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Minor thrill

I just got contacted to book Luk an appointment in Vancouver for an afo adjustment.  I asked for May 18.  Which is the day we are going to Radium camping with the boys.  I was able to book our ferry on tap and there really wasn't a reservation fee.  We'll just have to pay the extra length for the Cheese and for Kai and I.  We'll still make it to the 1st site by dinner time.  

Now, I see that the boys qualify for a das pass on the ferry.  I'm off to find how to apply for those.  

We got an appointment notice in the mail for Kai to get an ultrasound in Ladysmith not this weekend but next.  On a Saturday.  How weird is all of that?  He goes routinely, every six months because his liver and kidneys are malformed.  It's expected he'll need transplants one day but for now they both look ok.  

For the fun part of the day, not, I got an email statement for a balance I paid on our line of credit two weeks ago.  Arg.  I called, the bank doesn't have it. Called the originating bank.  Cibc can see that it left our account and went to Scotia bank.  So now it's being investigated.  Interest is being applied.  Investigations take 7 to 10 days.  I spent way too much time on the phone trying to figure it out and prove who I am.  

Fei got her pictures for a passport.  We're narrowing in on completing something.

I got an email from Easter Seal camp wanting a medical form filled out for Kai by his Pediatrician.  Arg.  This didn't sit well with me.  I mean I'm going with him so that we don't have to trust his care with strangers.  I could answer all the questions but I wasn't keen on bugging his Dr.  I emailed and was told the form and request was sent in error.  Thankfully.  

I booked a late night ferry 10:45 to get Lili back home.  Which means I'm going in the car on Mother's day to pick up our little traveler.  Not the most fun in a day for a Mother's Day celebration. Her flight is supposed to get in at 7:40pm.  Any chance she can clear customs, get luggage and make it to the ferry by 10:15?  

I was trying to figure labor day long weekend.  We like to be at Rathtrevor.  I checked today and was able to book a site.  We got 8 days.  So that worked out nicely.