Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Panorama Take 2.

We booked the same cruise again.
Haha.  Seriously.  We're going for 'take 2' at the end of January.  So excited.

We were discussing traveling with Shannon, Ken and kids.  She was looking at Costa Rica, I ALWAYS want to go to Half Moon Cay Bahamas but also wanted Honduras again so we can hug sloths or Belize for a week, or an all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta.  We've never done an all inclusive resort. 

So, there are a zillion holiday options.  Costa Rica was a bit too pricey for us.  The inclusives are pricey and Eric pointed out that I would be hooped if I couldn't eat there.  I have VERY reatrictive dietary needs.  So I moved my search to hotels or apartments with kitchens.  Although I was super excited about the idea of taking a taxi to Walmart and stocking up on safe food, Eric didn't think that sounded anywhere near as fun of just going on a cruise.  Where the food is safe, there are kids clubs, tons of entertainment and the price is way better than the resorts.  Shannon and family were happy with the cruise plan.

So, Shannon and I entered Carnival cruise ship booking trickery together. We managed it.  Haha.  We even got tricky and instead of booking two rooms for each family, we put all five girls in their own room.  Then booked balcony rooms for each couple, both with our two boys.  We managed three rooms on the same floor, same side, same view.  Felt a bit like cruise ship magic.  The girls are in a family harbour area.  They have a window and a big private lounge where breakfast and all day drinks and snacks are available.  Plus movies, games and video games.  I'm teasing Lili that she's going to have to deliver cookies to our room.

All five of our kids are thrilled to get back on the Panorama.  We've done a lot of cruises.  On a lot of different ships.  None of them have been any better than the others.  This is the first time we've all liked the actual boat.

Now, I did book the balcony, in case tragedy strikes again.  We will have fresh air.  If this cruise turns out like the last one, I might sleep on the balcony!  I've already told Kai he won't be on the balcony.

Shockingly, when I told Kai we were going on another cruise he said "YES PLEASE".  Apparently he loved the last cruise and is super excited about going again and even happier to hear that Dagen will be there too.  

I did go back yesterday and read the blog from the Christmas cruise.  It did bring back so many ick memories.  At the time I said I'd  never cruise with the boys again.  But here we are.  Never say never. It's only been four months.  Now I also said we'd never take Kai to a Seuss at Sea brunch again.  I donated our Seuss shirts already.  I reiterated to Eric that I won't do it.  We'll see if Eric cracks and takes him.  Haha.  

Time to shop for more ducks.  And boy shoes.  I want waterproof boy sandals in all the sizes this summer.  I don't want to shop for summer shoes in winter for them ever again.  

I desperately want to take the Amtrak train from Seattle to Los Angeles. 35 hours.  Predictably Eric wants to drive.  I do know it's the most realistic option.  With the wheel chair, the medical supplies and all the boy shoes I want to take.  Shannon already booked their flights.  Yes, I'm a tad jealous. 

Also in the considerations, we get off the ship on Feb 3.  My bday is the 4rth.  I've told Eric it's just cruel to have me so close to Disneyland on my Birthday and make me not go.  Eric and the boys don't really want to go.  Lili needs to get back to school.  So, again, so many options.  I don't know how, or with who but I plan to be there on the 4rth ;)  

All of this is just a fabulous brain distraction from real life.  In real life we have ridulous conversations with other adults in the school system.  Who after all these years still seem so clueless about our boys.  While we deal with a 13 year old daughter who doesn't live in a world of logic.  Eat at meal times, or eat what we're eating or sleep on any kind of shedule.  It's crazy making when we attempt routine or change.  Easier to leave her to her own devices.  She eats when she is hungry, sleeps when she crashes and is happy.  It's still frustrating to watch.  She is ridiculously smart, I want so much more for her, she is so capable.

The girls move home this weekend.  Lili is busy, busy.  She has one last exam on Friday. Packing Saturday.  Moving out of the suite on Sunday and leaving for Taiwan on Monday.
Showing off her new business jacket.  She was shopping last weekend for her trip and found this on sale.  
She did find trip things too, bathing suit, shorts, tanks, flip flops and a cute new hat.  She made an extensive list and has a fully stocked medical arsenal.  I was so proud.  She's done a fabulous job of getting ready for all the unknown. 

Today we loaded the Life360 app so we can track her.  Lili made a family account.  Eric, Lili and I are on it so far.  I have zero clue if Fei and Jia will join it.  It was funny when my phone alerted me that Eric had left home.  I'm certain the novelty will wear off soon.  Lili also bought an apple air tag, she's putting it in her luggage and then will wear it on her body while she's in Taiwan.  I haven't been worried about her going on her own because she's in a big group and has a couple friends in the group already.  She also has her school work group mostly figured.  Such an exciting adventure. Can't wait to live vicariously through her.