Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

#2 Mothers Day Tea

"Oh Mommy, I a Princess!"


What a moment, seeing Jia so excited to get up on the stage for the first time.   Well, up on the stage when she was allowed to be up there :)

Awesome, awesome big sisters to take such tender care with their little sister!

Look at that bow!

Every year the girls dance teacher throws a Mother's Day Tea.  It's usually quite casual and she lets the little siblings dance.  We told Jia she was going to get to dance and she was unbelievably excited about getting to go up on the stage.  I put a new plaid dress on her and she whirled and twirled and declared herself a Princess.  Ahhh.  Then when we got to the hall she asked reapeatedly when was it Jia's turn to dance.  She finally made it up on the stage and then froze when the girls started dancing.  Yikes.  Finally Fei and Lili leapt up to her rescue, took her hand and guided her along with the other kids.  Sniff sniff, I was so teary at that point.  So incredibly proud of my big girls for looking out for their little sister like that.  Jia got to dance six times on the stage and Lili and Fei went with her each time.  Lili and Fei were lovely to watch too.  Six years they've been doing Highland now.  I grinned through it all.  Such fun.  Oh and I won a solar frog playing a trumpet so it was all good <grin>.

Update:  Mom captured the whole Jia freezing on the stage and Fei and Lili coming to the rescue.  You can totally see such emotion on her face and then such joy with the big smile when they got her.  Awww.  I had turned my camera off and was getting up to get her so I didn't get that footage.  Here is the youtube link http://youtu.be/gZ2g-_hBdiQ