Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another piano?!





The girls are really, really starting to enjoy playing the piano.  They both practice several times a day, there is almost always loud piano music playing at our place.  I often wonder if the neighbors are enjoying it as much as I do or if they're annoyed.  There has been steady progress in their playing, we've finally reached the point where they just play and the music is lovely.  Songs are longer, more complicated, easier to listen to, less mistakes.  They used to fight over the piano and about two years ago I started a campaign with Eric to get another piano for the basement and he was vehement that he wasn't going to move another piano in.  They're too heavy.  So we endured the fights and looked for solution, they don't fight often anymore but when ever there is free time they race to get to the piano and then the other has to wait and then there is complaining about who got to play longer.  So, I started the campaign for another one for the umpteenth time.   I had located an upright grand that I wanted to go look at and he finally agreed.  When I went to get the peoples phone number I noticed that someone else had posted a free piano so Eric called them and went to look at it on Sat. while the girls and I were at Jia's music class.  I got home and was told that he had arranged his guys and would be picking it up at 5 that day!  It's a 1900 Gerard Heinzman, for free!  It's marked up, not quite as pretty as our upstairs one but the sound is incredible on it.  Girls were very pleased.  Fei seems to like it better and now she plays it while Lili plays on the wii downstairs and Jia plays with books and toys down there.  It's awesome for Eric and I, especially when we're cooking dinner, we can hear them downstairs all happy doing their own things.  We do actually realize that it's somewhat insane to have two full size pianos in the house but what else is that great big house for?!   Wonder if we'll be looking for a third when Jia is older?