Luk

Luk
Our family.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Look what we bought!!


We've had our inflatable pool for two years and when we opened it the other day it was in pretty tough shape, full of frog eggs, slime and long stringy algae.  All of which was ok, gross but ok.  The tarp had actually melted to the top inflatable ring.  Ick.  Lili and I spent time trying to pick it off but the ring itself was yellowy (used to be silver) and sticky and it looked thin in places.  It has literally melted.  Two days later the air was gone and we knew we'd have to do something else.  We discussed possible solutions and came up with nothing except buy a new pool.  Not a good time while Lili and I are going to China, Eric is redoing our kitchen, the new roof is going on and we have to paint the house this year.  Yikes.  I had sent a link to Eric a couple weeks ago of a pool for sale and he wasn't interested but now that we had to do something he asked me to look and see if it was still there, so I looked, and it was.  We went last night to see it and bought it right away.  We're all really excited about it.  Especially me. I've really missed the pool from our old house.  The cheapie temperary one really should have lasted more than two years but I'm secretly glad we get a much bigger/better pool!!  Eric went to disassemble it and take it home today.  A nice break from being up on the roof.  Perhaps he can put it up when it's just too hot to be on the roof.  Ideally I'd like a deck like the old one but that will have to wait, we're soooo out of time for anything more. 

Update:  The pool is home in pieces, ay' yi' yi'.   Heaven only knows when Eric will have time to get it up.  It just looks so daunting to me.