Luk

Luk
Our family.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Successful Day.

Everyone got along and behaved all day.  Phew.  We went to see Al and Dawn-Marie for Al's 60th Birthday.  We're still cautious about visiting other homes.  Kai gets nervous.  He was scared today and stayed super close to me.  He was happy to sit on my lap for the whole visit.  The big kids all walked to main street to the candy store.  They took Jia.  She had her purse and her own money and she got to go with the big kids!  So sweet.  Big sisters brought back candy boxes for the boys so they were pretty happy too.  Then we went to Transfer Beach.  There is a new play ground there.  I liked the old one but this one is laid out way better and you can see the kids a whole lot better.  We went down to the water and I mentioned to Jia that we were standing right next to a geocache.  Then I looked for my old app and couldn't find it.  I was looking in the play store and Jia spotted Pokémon Go.  Ya'.  How did she even know what it is?!  So I loaded it and Jia was 10 times more excited than we've ever seen her.  Fei was helping her.  We caught one Pokémon and got a bunch of balls and an egg.  I don't really know what I'm talking about.  Because I don't really get it.  We were walking around looking for a particular memorial bench and I found a bunch of young adults rushing to a bench. Where there is a Pokémon gym. They were hilarious.  All of them more excited than the other.  They were all playing frantically at once and chattering about the game.  They humored me and answered some of my questions.  Lili and Fei were embarrassed. 

Lastly a quick grocery shopping on the way home.  I predicted Kai would be more excited than usual to get home. And he was.  Lots of yelling that we were home.