Luk

Luk
Our family.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Pokémon Go

Hilarious.  Totally hilarious. 

There are so many people bashing this game.  I'm guessing none of them have played. 

We've had only three hunting expeditions and each time is funnier than the last.

Our second go was me with four kids while Eric and Luk were away.  Jia wanted to start at the Forest Museum.  We weren't there more than a minute looking for poke stops when there was a cute rat looking Pokémon on Lili's lap in the front seat of the car!  We caught it but there was a lot of squealing. Honestly when Lili threw her hands in the air and asked if it was really on her lap!!  Haha.  We really didn't know what we were doing.  Later I was reading online about how the game works and I tried luring the Pokémon.  Right away there was a bug on my pillow at home.  It's pretty exciting catching one!  So, I called Jia and she caught three more bat looking creatures.   She was all hyped by the hunt but when the time ran out on the lure and she calmed down and her deeply rooted fear of bats took over and she flat out refused to sleep with me because they were caught in my bed.   She slept with Fei.

Then I had to explain it all to Eric because he was concerned about them in our bed.  Lol.

Tonight on the way home we stopped in Cow Bay and walked around a couple parks by the water and hunted with all of us there.  Jia is torn wants to play Pokémon and wants to run and play with the boys.  Mostly it was Fei and I playing.  We caught a few.  Eric was a good sport.  He could see the appeal.  At one point there was a funny round ball guy hopping on the lawn with Luk and Kai.  Fei found one on my lap.  She also got a fish right at the waters edge.  I'm not sure how often we'll play.  None of my kids are serious about it but we've all had some good fun with it so far. 

There are others out and about playing all around us.  Wild.